What's in my Diaper Bag
When Brooks and I first went out in public together, I made the dumbest mistake and brought both a diaper bag and a purse with us.... did I mention yet how dumb this was? I quickly learned, the less stuff you have, the better off you'll probably be (I say 'probably' because you never know what the hell is going to happen). So, I quickly moved just my essentials over to his diaper bag to consolidate space and save time. However, I made sure to always put my items in a specific pocket, so I knew where to go each time I needed something just for me... then Brooks got the rest of the bag ;)
Again, a lot of the things I pack in here were based on mistakes I made in the beginning. For instance, I would leave the house with the outfit he was wearing for the day, and had no back-ups. I thought I would just keep him super clean, no baby of mine was going to get messy so there was no need for an alternative outfit. BAHAHAHAHAH!!! Can't. Stop. Laughing!! I ALWAYS pack an extra outfit... or two... or three. So, I wanted to share my current diaper bag essentials for my almost 8 month old nugget.
- The Diaper Bag - I sought this little gem out because a.) I love Tory Burch and b.) ALL THE POCKETS!!!!!!!!!!! c.) It's nylon so it cleans up rather nice d.) ALL THE POCKETS!!!!!!!!!! and e.) I didn't want it to look too much like a diaper bag... #denial.
- Extra Onesies & Bibs- Babies get messy... like really messy... sometimes I want to gag when he squishes a banana between his fingers then wipes that same hand all over his face & outfit. I LOVE these white Gerber onesies from Target. They are super cheap for a 5-pack and I can bleach them if need be. I also like the Aden & Anais burp bibs, because they cover more surface area which mean less clean-up after the bib-removal.
- Bottle - we use the Dr. Brown's in this house, which means a ton of parts to clean, but Brooks has never had an issue with them so they make the cut.
- Babyganics 100 ct Wipes - I use these for his booty, his face, his hands, my face, my hands... basically everywhere. And I pack the entire regular size 100 count wipes in the bag. I used to pack the travel size package that contained all of 10 wipes, which meant it got me through a total of 2 blow-outs... then I got smart and upgraded.
- Diapers - pretty much a given, but 6 on hand is the minimum I try to have in the diaper bag at any given time.
- Food Pouches - Brooks is a huge fan of Sprout and Happy Baby food pouches. Granted he can crush one in about 2 minutes, so I try to keep 2-3 in the bag before we leave the casa just in case.
- Toys - babies get bored, and parents get frustrated... I try to pack something that will keep him occupied for more than 5 minutes... ok ok 2 minutes.
- Teething nets - theee are a new edition to the bag, but Brooks loves them. I usually put bananas in them, he can can suck all he wants and the net contains all the yucky stuff for the most part.
- Lil Graduates Cheetos - Brooks is at the point where he wants to eat what everyone else is eating. I got these the other day and opened them in Target (#momfail #sorryimnotsorry) but he really likes them, so as of this week they made the diaper bag!
- Hand Sanitizer Spray - kinda a given.
- Babyganics Sunscreen - Brooks LOVES going outside for walks. It's not that big of a deal when I forget to wear sunscreen, but it is for him. I just leave this in the bag, and though it might not get used as much on a daily basis, I'd rather have it in their than not.
- Mommy's Essentials - hairs ties (because someone doesn't understand yet that pulling hair hurts mommy, so it's easier just to pull it back), lip gloss (to make me feel pretty), compact (because I look rough on most days), sunglasses (for our walks outside), wallet (cause babies are just expensive), and my phone for taking pics of my cute nugget.
And that's about it! Haha, ok it's kind of a lot, but I feel more prepared than ever leaving the house now. I know this will change as time goes on, but it's what's working for us now :)
$165 - farfetch.com
$6.23 - nordstrom.com